the monster says, "did i really just say that?"

Friday, May 12, 2006

Tone-deaf

I'm totally exhausted and I doubt this entry will make much sense, but I'm too crazied up to sleep at the moment, so I'm here. Today sucked, but last night was awesome.

I went straight from work to Kehla's, where there was a Tasteful Treasures (read: sex toys) party. I don't know if it was the vodka or the sexual frustration, but I bought 100$ worth of merchandise. Um. I get a little crazy at those silly parties. I bought 74$ worth of candles at a candle party.

ANYWAY.

Kehla and I hung out a bit after everyone had left, and we planned to rent the vacant coffee shop down the street from me and have a dance-aoke event. Her idea is that a lot of people are willing to dance, but they're afraid to sing on their own. I'm the opposite way, actually, I would much rather sing than dance. Oh yeah, but Kehla has a "Karaoke on Demand" channel, and she couldn't come to my karaoke-ness later, so we sang and danced in her living room. To... Oh, do I really have to say it? N'Sync's "Bye Bye Bye" (kehla knew the whole dance, too, awesome) and Britney Spears' "Oops, I Did It Again."

(crickets)

ANYWAY.

I left her apt (you know you're good friends when your goodbyes last as long as the time you spend together :) and headed to the bar for some Stareoke. Shamefully, I was late to my own party (lame!). Luckily, my friends forgave me. I did Jay-Z's "99 Problems" which went better than the last time I did it, and I also did Alicia Keys' "Fallin'" which I choked a bit over. I realised today that I hadn't heard that song for years, so maybe not the smartest choice. The girl at the next table told me that I was brave for picking it, though.

My favorite part of the evening was when a woman came up and did a fantastic rendition of Alicia Keys' "If I Ain't Got You." (did I mention that I'm a masochist?) I tell you what, I can fake it and sing those high notes, but it's a wonderful thing to hear someone whose voice is actually meant to go that high. She finished, and everyone roared, and I caught her smile at herself over winning the crowd. Ooh, competition!

AND! AND! AND! Sarah came, and I haven't seen her since before I started work at the oil-change place, I think (so, not five months like i'd originally said, but 3 is a damn long time, too!). She snuck up next to me and startled me, making me shriek in the middle of some poor chick's song (and she was a good singer, too, bummer) and then I jumped up and gave her a big hug. We were anti-social and huddled in the booth, catching each other up on all the haps. It had been a long time, but we didnt' miss a beat. I love her much and will miss her terribly when she moves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home