the monster says, "did i really just say that?"

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Book report

I am all alone in my apartment, with no plans for the rest of the evening, and I couldn't be happier. I've been several different kinds of whiny lately (I get peevish when I'm tired) and I'm looking forward to a lower-maintenance me.

Oy, so when was the last time I did a proper update? It was a while. I've been busy, far too busy to do all the things I'm supposed to do, much less do things that I enjoy, like keeping a blog and having phone sex with a Scotsman.

Well, here's the brief detail of what I did in the past few days:

Friday (5/5)

Went to a house party that included a concert in the basement. The crush I've had for years (the one who moved me to buy the white album) was there, playing drums. After his band played, I went up to him and complimented him on his versatile talents (he also plays lead guitar and sings in another band) and he said, "I'm everywhere! I do it for the people. I like to please people." and I said, saucily (is there any other way?), "Ooh, do you take requests?" and he said, "YEA I DO." and then he snuck a quick glance at my breasts. I nearly fell over. Damn, he wins.

After the bands were done, me and some friends went to Pyscho Szui's, and I was sauced. I caught myself giving a guy at my table a steamy look, totally (well, at least half-ly) unintentionally.

Saturday (5/6)

Went to the chiropracter, who was really really enthusiastic about everything I said to him, which freaked me out a bit. "YAY!" Then, Matt came over and we met my bruvva, his fiance, our friend Mary and their friend Craig at the german beer hall down the street. I taught them how to toast in Germany (yell "proscht!" and slam your glass on the table) and Timmy led the way to our being the loudest table there. Oh, yeah, and we got there before 3pm. The server came out and was like, "Are you all gonna get home okay? Should I call you a cab or something?" The beer was delicious.

Sunday (5/7)

I had my first real hangover in a while, but Matt wanted shopping, so we walked the mile and some change to calhooon square. I bought comic books, which were wonderful. I finally own Optic Nerve! To complete the geeky day, we watched anime with Timmy.

Monday (5/8)

In a terrible mood, and then my boss was harsher than I was up to brushing off. Exhaustion doesn't suit me. I was in a better mood by the time we played softball, though. After, I picked up Ben, whom I hadn't seen in a while, and we met some people to watch The Notorious Bettie Page, which was excellent. It was raining a lot, and I forgot to put money in the parking meter, so I ran back out to put money in, but after putting two quarters in, I realized that the meter already had more than an hour left on it from the last person to park there. I'm a pretty lucky person.

Tuesday (5/9)

Another day of being SO TIRED at work, but my boss was in a better mood, so that's nice. Oh, yeah, and I also asked the dopey HR guy if I could have facial piercings, and he came and gave me a carefully worded answer about business professional. The bottom line was, "We won't fire you just for a facial piercing, but please please please don't do it!" Aw, poor guy.

Oh, yeah, and I smirked about it later to a woman at work, who said, "Well, just pierce your nipples, then everyone's happy!" and I said, "Oh, I already have." Heh. Only one, though. (I like the assymmetry)

After work, Kehla and I watched the season finale of Veronica Mars, which was awesome. Also, this is embarrassing, but I cannot believe that Jade is still in the running to be America's Next Top Model.

And, today. I'm really horny and I kept catching myself staring at my work husband Russ's mouth. My boss came to give me another project and said, "Now, this one needs to get out pretty quickly, so don't spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to do this stuff, ok? Just ask a lot of questions and get lots of help." I think he may just have figured me out. He hasn't, actually (i'm not spending a lot of time puzzling through this or that concept, but i obsessively check my work and redo my answers and they're always right the first time because i'm actually pretty good at this shit), but I'll let him think so.

My work husband, Russ, said that he likes the white album the best. He doesn't actually read this, which I wanted to clarify because I realised I totally gave the impression that he did.

* * *

Monday, I was going through my closet looking for a shirt for Ben to wear (he had a spill) and I just remember looking through the contents of my closet and being mystified that I'd actually wanted to keep any of it at any point. It reminded me of how I threw away bags and bags of garbage when I was getting ready to move to LA, and when I reported this to Jamis, he said, with a tinge of disappointment, "It sounds like you're cutting ties."

I'm a maximalist, so it's kind of a big thing for me.

* * *

Ally and I were talking today, and he was complaining about how hard it is for him to meet people (a common problem amongst introverted males, apparently), especially girls. I suggested that he go to a coffee shop, as I always spend my time at coffee shops checking out the boys and I expect others do the same.

"I don't like coffee," he whined, so I suggested tea instead (I always forget that UK-ers drink more tea than coffee. weirdos). Then he didn't think you could just talk to people like that.

I said, "Sure, you can. I mean, it helps if they're reading a book, because then you can go up and ask them about it, and then introduce yourself, and then take them back to your apartment!"

Ally got real quiet and then said in a "just bizarre enough to be plausible" (or was it the "well, it IS christy we're talking about here") voice, "You haven't actually done that, have you?"

I said, "Oh, god, of course not! I would totally do it if you were the one asking, though."

And then he said, "So, all I have to do is find a coffeeshop that has you in it. In this country."

Aw... Ally's cute when he's dour.

* * *

I been tryin' to enjoy all the fruits of my labour
I've been cryin' for you boy, but truth is my saviour

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home