the monster says, "did i really just say that?"

Thursday, May 18, 2006

It may also set you free

I'm a little hormonal lately, and by lately, I mean constantly for the last 2 years. Not getting laid is rough. Unrghh... I spent all day at work today trying not to fantasize about making out (read: fucking against a cubicle wall) with my work husband, Russ. It didn't help that in the afternoon, he walked by my cube and fixed me with an "I can see right through you" stare as he walked by. Is there any situation in which that doesn't mean you want to boff someone? And when he walked back the other way, he did it again! Like, turned his head around all the way to look at me.

And then he basically ran out of the place so we could walk out of the building together and when I hung back, he slowed down. It's like we're in high school again!

* * *

These are my confessions:

I'm a terrible driver.

That's it for now. I discovered today that my heart pounds whenever I'm going to make (what I think is) a scandalous confession. ("Oh, my gosh! I'm about to tell the truth!")

Sometimes I worry about my immortal soul.

* * *

I don't really have a lot to talk about today, actually. I'm sorta worrying over things, trying to make a decision that works for me and those around me. Being indecisive is the pits. Having a weak spine is the pits. Being such a people-pleaser is the pits. The song on the radio just sang, "Make up your mind."

Haha, I was thinking about indecision the other day. My older brother, Tim, is getting married this summer, and when I was having coffee with his best friend, Pete, before taking Pete back to the airport, we were talking about Tim's extraordinary luck. Pete said, "It must be hard to see Tim shoot one arrow and hit the bulls-eye while you're shooting arrows all over the place and not even making the board."

The truth hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home