the monster says, "did i really just say that?"

Saturday, October 14, 2006

So, what's up?

Weird, I could have sworn I hadn't updated in longer than a week. The days are passing by slowly these days, it seems. I went to a psychiatrist today (edit: by today, i mean last thursday. i been busy) to get some help for my OCD. I got put back on the vitamin Z (zoloft). I'm a little leery of SSRIs, but I know I need more than I can currently give myself.

Last weekend, I started off the interviewing process with my grandpa (on my father's side). It was tough, emotionally. He doesn't remember me at all, so he kept sitting down next to me and saying, "I need to remember who you are... What is your name? .... How old are you? ... Are you in school, or out? ... What do you do now?" It's disappointing both because it's made me realise that I have much less time than I thought I would with him, and because I was hoping that this interview process would give me a chance to develop a real relationship with him. I remember so many family gatherings where I was too teenager to interact with him on a mature level, and it breaks my heart to know that we won't know each other that way.

* * *

I fired Russ yesterday. His teasing sorta shifted to being quite a bit more aggressive and really demeaning, and he also spent all day long telling everyone about the date he was going on that night and clamming up whenever I walked into the room. I don't know; I totally adore him, but stick two five year olds in a room together and they're going to draw blood about 75% of the time.

* * *

I played dodgeball last night. My arms are sore today. I'm such a sissy.

* * *

The Football Club met today for the first time in a couple of weeks (Eurofinals these past couple of weeks). My Arses (aka Arsenal Gunners) won 3-0. It was a giveaway game; the other team hadn't won a game in 6 years. Poor guys. KEverton made waffles and brought blackberries and strawberries and Redi-Whip. I forgot to buy more creamer, but Timmy didn't make too much fuss about taking his last cup of coffee with skim. My kitten was glad for the extra playmates.

* * *

I locked my keys in my car Thursday morning. I was two hours late to work. It sucked balls. The best part is, I almost did it again when I stopped at a gas station. No, Christy, leave the door unlocked.

* * *

I haven't read any books in weeks. I should probably get on that.

* * *

I'm really excited to see Little Miss Sunshine, the Departed, and Man of the Year.

1 Comments:

At 17/10/06 15:24, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update... Hope you're feeling better.

Ron

 

Post a Comment

<< Home