the monster says, "did i really just say that?"

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

defective

Eh, so I spent all night worrying for nothing. I had a convenient excuse (and a legion of friends who don't answer or return phone calls) and saw the guy who has been keeping me up at night... Not in person, but he's all I can think about.

And, damn, I forgot how much mental energy I have. Especially being unemployed, let me just spend all my time worrying about this tiny thing or that tiny thing that will turn him off forever from me. It's exhausting. People ask me all the time why I'm single (hidden meaning: what's WRONG with you, anyway??), well, this is why. I don't know how to get past this feeling, to just let go of my fear of fucking up yet another relationship.

He asked me if I was a man-eater, while we were hanging out. As far as I can recall, no one's ever called me that before. So, for the last week, I've been asking myself, am I a man-eater? Is that what's wrong with me?

I think it must be a lot more complicated than that, although I am definitely driven by novelty and I also have an extreme need for spontaneity. But a man-eater? I guess I've always thought my problem was that I felt too much, never not enough. Well, there were a couple of times when I wished I could just get over the hump and like the guy who liked me so much, you know, when you meet those nice guys but they just don't do it for you, that way?

But, is that all I am? A succubus? A parasite?

I haven't read the Vonnegut book from whence this comes, but I guess he once wrote "You are who you pretend to be. So be careful who you pretend to be".

1 Comments:

At 5/12/13 07:00, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello christy,

i used to read your blog and we talked together sometimes on aim and one time on the phone you asked me to sing for you and i sang you "i will survive" and you didn't much like my song choice.

anyways i doubt you come back to this blog anymore, but just in case i just wanted you to know i hope you're doing well and and i think of you sometimes.

<3 your friend, the internet person formerly known as HF

 

Post a Comment

<< Home