the monster says, "did i really just say that?"

Monday, March 02, 2009

Inquire within

I have always been a big fan of people who will call me on my bullshit. I'm not sure how much pseudo-psychology literature you waste *your* time reading, but we humans have this thing in our brains that keeps us from recognizing when we're full of shit.

It's called an *ego*.

Some people have larger egos, some smaller. Mine is rather large, and intimidates the weak-of-heart. Sorry about that. The other problem with trying to call someone on their bullshit is that sometimes you inadvertently engage the ego itself. Fighting anyone's ego, including your own, is a futile exercise: egos don't play fair.

* * *

There's just something so tragic about how people sometimes reject help when they finally receive it, just because they had to wait too long. Here's hoping you're better at taking hold of the outstretched hand than I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home